It sounds like my issues with PRG and Tyler Harrell is very similar to other complaints found on this website.I'll make it as breif as possible and still try to help anyone considering doing business with PRG Prototyping.
This is the best free advice you will ever get STAY AWAY FROM PRG. When you first contact them they are very professional both on their website, on the phone and in their ENGAGEMENT LETTER. That is what attracted me to them. Believe me, if I had any idea what was to come I would have run.
They asked for $5,000 up front, I paid $4,000 with an agreement to pay the other $1,000 upon receipt of my proto model.
( they would not give me my proto model until AFTER I paid the other $1,000) It is a small project with some very simple electronics and they told me it would take 12-16 weeks to complete and they could do everything I needed in house and when it was complete it would be ready for production. I thought 16 weeks was to long but I gave them the bennefit of doubt hoping that it would not be that long so I sent my money with the signed agreement (which in my opinion only applies to the client) They took my money and laughed all the way to the bank. I was also told that I would be kept up to date by using their "Teamwork" website. Well, after a few weeks I had to call and ask what was going on because there was not much that made sense to me on that website.
In any event, to make a longer story short, it took them 7 months and 3 weeks to send me my proto model. Needless to say it was far from manufacturing ready and they did not send me any files which was also promised. I had to go back and forth with them for 2 more weeks just to get those files. I paid the entire $5,000 for my junk in good faith but all I got where BS excuses for 8 months.
BS and excuses is what they are really good at and if you talk to Tyler and even hint at a complaint he will turn it ALL back on you. PRG does not keep promises or provide good products, they do not have the expertise, knowledge or skills to provide results. My electronics was outsourced to another engineer that promised the work would be done in 2 weeks, it took 2 months. I was to pay him separately of course.
I'm not even sure PRG does anything in their so called production facility. I think they outsource everything that comes into them with the exception of the money of course.
Save yourself a world of headaches and aggrevation.The 2 screenshots provided look MUCH better than the actual proto model.
STAY AWAY FROM PRG.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Plastic Resource Group Prototyping
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would..."
- "Sano Daniel, Cimeon Daniel, Jada Daniel, are all names this Nigerian *** Woman goes by. She saw where I did the TEEN COICE awards, and contacted me to give..."
- "Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time. The woman was very..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."